Mar 18, 2018

Quotable Quotes By Some Famous People

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself,
'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.'
- Lillian Carter (Jimmy Carter's mother) -

<><>

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.
But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue:
'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.'
- Eleanor Roosevelt -

<><>

Recently, I stated that a certain woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister, and now wish to withdraw that statement.
- Mark Twain -

<><>
The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, and to have the two as close together as possible.
- George Burns -

<><>
Santa Claus has the right idea.
Visit people only once a year.
- Victor Borge -

<><>
Be careful about reading health books.
You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain -

<><>
By all means, marry.
If you get a good wife, you'll become happy;
if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
- Socrates -

<><>


I was married by a judge.
I should have asked for a jury.
- Groucho Marx -

<><>
My wife has a slight impediment in her speech.
Every now and then she stops to breathe.
- Jimmy Durante -

<><>
I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor -

<><>
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
- Alex Levine -

<><>
My luck is so bad that
if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.
- Rodney Dangerfield -

<><>
Money can't buy you happiness....
But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
- Spike Milligan -

<><>
Until I was thirteen, I thought my name was SHUT UP.
- Joe Namath -

<><>
I don't feel old.
I don't feel anything until noon.
Then it's time for my nap.
- Bob Hope -

<><>
I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it.
- W. C. Fields -

<><>
We could certainly slow the aging process down
if it had to work its way through Congress.
- Will Rogers -

<><>
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you.
- Winston Churchill -

<><>
Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty...
But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out..
- Phyllis Diller -

<><>
By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step,
he's too old to go anywhere.
- Billy Crystal -

<><>
The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good, spit it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May your troubles be less,
may your blessings be more,
and may nothing but happiness
come through your door.

-Contribution by Ralph-

No comments:

Post a Comment