Jul 24, 2016

The Psychiatrist vs. The Bartender

Author Unknown

A fellow went to a shrink and told him: "Doc, I've got a problem. Every time I go to bed at night, I'm scared. I have not had a decent sleep for a long time because I think there's somebody under my bed! It is driving me crazy!"

"Well, why don't you come and see me three times a week, hopefully in about a year, we should be able to get rid of your fears," advised the shrink.

"How much do you charge, anyway?" asked the fellow.

"$80.00 per visit," came the reply.

"Let me think about it," said fellow.

Six months later, the therapist and the fellow met on the street. "Why haven't you seen me about those fears you have been having?" asked the shrink.

"Well, after I left your office, I thought. . .80 bucks a visit, three times a week for a year is 3 weeks x 12 months x $80 would be $2,880! The bartender in the bar where I usually go cured me for less than $10.00. And guess what?

I was so happy for all the money I saved, I went and booked me and the female bartender for a 7-day Alaska cruise @ $1,000 per person in a balcony stateroom, and I still have $880.00 to spend as I wish!"

With an attitude, the shrink retorted, "Really! And how, pray tell, did a bartender cure you?"

"She told me to cut off the bed's legs. Ain't nobody under there now!"

MORAL OF THE STORY: It is always wise to get a second opinion, but you do not necessarily have to consult some "authority". Oftentimes, it is wiser to see someone who [you know] is practical, uses common sense, and is interested in your welfare, and NOT just your money! -Contributed by Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment