Oct 11, 2015

The Box Under The Bed

When Hillary & Bill Clinton first got married Bill put a box under their bed and made Hillary promise to never look in it.

In all their years of marriage, Hillary kept her promise and never looked. However, the afternoon of their 30th anniversary, curiosity got the best of her. She pulled the box from under the bed, lifted the lid, and looked inside. In it, she saw three empty beer cans and $81,874.25 in cash. She put back the lid and put the box back under the bed.

After seeing what was inside the box, she became doubly curious about its contents. That evening, after coming home from their anniversary dinner in a swanky restaurant, Hillary could no longer contain her curiosity and she confessed her "sin" saying, " Bill, all these years, I kept my promise and never looked into the box under our bed. However, today the temptation became too much and I gave in. I looked inside the box. I am very sorry. Will you forgive me? And by the way. . .what is the reason for the three empty beer cans in the box?"

For a long while, Bill just kept silent. Finally, he said, "I guess, after all these years you deserve to know the truth. Whenever I was unfaithful to you, I put an empty beer can in the box to remind myself not to do it again."

Instantly, Hillary thought to herself: "Hmmm. . .Jennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, and Monica Lewinsky". . . then, she told Bill, "While I'm saddened by your behavior; however, since I have long known that you are seriously addicted to sex, I have accepted the fact that your extramarital affairs are bound to happen, but three times is not that bad considering your problem."
 
Bill thanked her for being so understanding. They hugged and made their peace.

But a little while later Hillary asked Bill, "And oh. . .one more thing. . .how about all that money in the box?"

He answered, "Well, whenever the box filled up with empty cans, I took them to the recycling center." -Contributed by Ralph/Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment